Give a little or a lot of time depending on your schedule!
- Chaperone- it is expected one adult family member chaperone at least once during each season. The band needs chaperones at band camp, after school Tuesdays/Thursdays during the season and during competitions. Anytime the band travels together there is a need for adult help! Click to peruse the typical Chaperone Duties
- Uniform Squad- sizing, cleaning, maintaining, and some sewing. Parents can help out in lots of ways even if they can’t sew!
- “Pit Crew” is a group of equipment helpers who load/unload the trailers, and move equipment on/off the field when the band travels and performs. A lot of times this crew also helps build props or fix things, come help out when you can!
- Fundraising– the ensemble needs lots of money to run, we always need fresh ideas and people to coordinate fundraisers.
- OOMPA Board/Chairpersons-There is always a need for leadership! Every year we have graduating families, if you are interested in a position in the future ask to shadow a current board member this year!
Most are annual fundraisers that share profits between OOMPA and the student account. Student account money can be used in future music related fees (camp, fees, etc). Check with the treasurer for your balance at any time.
- Theater at the Mount- ongoing year round opportunity, work a shift selling concessions at the local theater *one adult must accompany a student to sign up for a time.
- Meadow Farms- fall fundraiser (replaced Yankee Candle), catalog & online sales.
- Scratch Ticket Raffle- sell raffle tickets all fall, the winning ticket is drawn at a home football game.
- Calendar Raffle– Sell calendars in November, names are drawn for winners each day of December. Families solicit or donate gift cards to fill the prize bank for each day.
- Amazon– Link your account to Amazon Smile to OOMPA, a small percent of your purchase (as long as your browser is directed to smile.amazon before submitting the order) comes back to the group!
- United Way- some corporations allow for United Way charity deductions to come from your paycheck and you can have it send to OOMPA!
Links & Documents
2021-2022 Handbook & Season Calendar (updated 6/17/21)
Forms & Requirements Checklist *return with copy of last physical. Parent cori needs a copy of your license, sori form is for overnight chaperones (who also need proof of MMR vaccine).
Fingerprint instructions for all volunteers are on the HR page of AWRSD.org. This is only required once district wide. If you are on file, or sent it direct to HR, please let OOMPA know you are all set.
School District Activity Fee Link– you do NOT need to register just skip to the payment page to submit your fee directly to the school for the ensemble. If you are on free and reduced lunch this fee is waived and you do not need to click this link.
$$ Worries? Please chat or email any executive board member or the director to discuss financial assistance needs to help your student participate PRIOR to the fee due dates. OOMPA has some scholarship money available and will do everything we can to support students interested in the program.
OOMPA BYLAWS (last updated 2020)