Give a lot or a little time, depending on your schedule!
- Chaperone- it is expected one adult family member chaperone at least once during each season. The band needs chaperones at band camp, after school Tuesdays/Thursdays during the season and during competitions. Anytime the band travels together there is a need for adult help! Click to peruse the typical Chaperone Duties
- Uniform Squad- sizing, cleaning, maintaining, and minimal sewing. Parents can help out in lots of ways even if they can’t sew!
- “Pit Crew” is a group of equipment helpers who load/unload the trailers, and move equipment on/off the field when the band travels and performs. A lot of times this crew also helps build props or fix things, come help out when you can!
- OOMPA Board/Chairpersons-There is always a need for leadership! Every year we have graduating families, if you are interested in a position in the future ask to shadow a current board member this year!
The ensemble needs lots of money to run, we always need fresh ideas and people to coordinate fundraisers.
While most of the profit goes to the organization, some proceeds go into individual student accounts to help with music related fees. Make sure you participate and share these ongoing options;
- Amazon– Link your account to Amazon Smile to OOMPA, a small percent of your purchase (as long as your browser is directed to smile.amazon before submitting the order) comes back to the group!
- United Way- some corporations allow for United Way charity deductions to come from your paycheck and you can have it send to OOMPA!
Links & Documents
2022-2023 Handbook (updated 6/13/22)
2022 checklist (2); *Payment options, health form, release/handbook acknowledgments, cori & sori forms
Fingerprint instructions for all volunteers are on the HR page of AWRSD.org. This is only required once district wide. If you are on file, or sent it direct to HR, please let OOMPA know you are all set.
School District Activity Fee Link– you do NOT need to register just skip to the payment page to submit your fee directly to the school for the ensemble. If you are on free and reduced lunch this fee is waived and you do not need to click this link.
Please chat or email any executive board member or the director to discuss financial assistance needs to help your student participate PRIOR to the fee due dates.
OOMPA has some scholarship money available and will do everything we can to support students interested in the program.
OOMPA’s bylaws are here (last updated 2020).