We faced new competition last Saturday— What does that mean?
The general impression from all the judges is that all other shows are MUCH cleaner than ours.
Cleaner shows are clear to the audience (judges) what you are saying. Though the narration, being added this weekend, will explain the “story” more, the performance must look more polished.
From the time we step onto the field until we leave the field think about being as perfect as possible.
What to do/think about as we take the field:
- We are being judged the moment we march down the 50.
- The hashes we use are ALWAYS the outside hashes if there are two sets.
- Set up the opening set, then hype circles, then turn towards middle for on-field warmup.
- At conclusion of warmup, focus your mind while you wait for commands. Think about all new additions taught throughout the week.
- When called to attention, let the audience know you are ready, shout “hut” and DON’T MOVE.
- HAVE THE BEST SHOW OF YOUR LIFE. LEAVE EVERYTHING ON THE FIELD.
Homework Question in Google Classroom!
A question was sent out regarding the last paragraph — Answer it now!
The mattress fundraiser is THIS SUNDAY! Please encourage family, friends, neighbors, etc. to come by and check out the mattresses.
This is our first time trying this fundraiser out, and we could potentially make a lot of money to help offset costs for NEW uniforms!
BAND NIGHT IS ONE WEEK AWAY. WHO HAVE YOU ENCOURAGED TO COME?
EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION.
If you are interested in either Winter Percussion or Winter Guard, please head over to the Google Classroom and fill in the google form.
Formal Picture Day is coming on Friday Nov 1st. All students will arrive at 3:30.
An email was sent to parents with more information.
What each individual should be concerned with:
- Drill Spot
- Interval in set
- Horn Angle
- Stick Heights
- Note in Chord
- Marching in time/Correct Foot